Saturday, December 23, 2017

Mom on Mothman

Thinking about my mother, who passed away last Febraury. Here is a bit from a piece I wrote in 2011 for Tim Binnall's site at my Trickster's Realm column over there about a conversation my mom and I had about Mothman:




It's late at night, I hear the ocean rumbling outside the bedroom window. I'm visiting my eighty-four year old mother who lives on the coast. We just had an interesting conversation about Mothman.
I brought along Andrew Colvin's new book Mothman Speaks to show mom; (hey mom, I'm quoted on the back of the book and inside!) and she asks me a series of questions about Mothman: just who is he, or what is it, isn't it a series on TV, -- "no mom" -- "Oh, that must have been something else."

I tell her what I can about Mothman, including Colvin's relationship with Mothman and his research, his spiritual or philosophical views on Buddhism and Eastern beliefs, which my mother shares in some ways. I tell her of my own interest in Mothman, even though I've never had a Mothman sighting of my own. (Mom on Mothman, Binnall of America, 2-8-11) Read the rest here.

No comments:

Post a Comment