Thursday, September 21, 2017

In Playboy : "Hunting for the Mothman in Chicago"




Playboy has a piece by Dan Sheehan on the Mothman sightings in Chicago. Lon Strickler is cited.

Hunting for the Mothman in Chicago | Playboy: I’m typically a very cautious person, but at this point I was determined to see something, and so against the will of several signs in the area, I walked into the woods. Immediately, I was confronted with the idea that this may not have been a smart idea. My iPhone, as my only source of light, wasn’t so much guiding the way as it was lighting everything like a deleted scene from The Blair Witch Project. After walking for a bit, I was startled by the sudden appearance of two college-aged guys who, I assumed from various odor-based context clues, were in the woods to smoke pot. As unassuming as they were, I was put on edge by the sudden reminder that a large forest preserve at night doesn’t necessarily have to be empty. I was suddenly acutely aware of the fact that I had just chosen on a whim to walk into the woods at night to search for a large mythical beast . . . (Dan Sheehan; Playboy)

No comments:

Post a Comment